Jay seemed to time his surgery just right though! He took off three sick days for the surgery and didn't have to use any of them with school cancelled all three days! How often does that happen?!
Jay was a real trooper through it all! Honestly, even if I wasn't his mushy wife who writes these crazy blog posts, I'd still say that I am very proud of him - the way he has handled his pain over the last few months, compensating for weakness, and enduring yet another surgery - WOW - I married a great man - a true fighter! He truly seemed to be at peace the whole time - confident that all would go well and that he'd feel better after surgery was behind him. However, he did let me down a little! I expected the same silly comments post-anesthesia that he has been known to make, but he was too aware of his surroundings and made a little too much sense this time!
The surgery went well, and he is now recovering at home. The care at SGMC was excellent and professional, but the accommodations were a little lacking for guests - I am so glad to be crawling into my soft bed now and not having a hard chair for a bed and a light switched on every few hours for blood pressures and such. Are those vital signs really that vital to interrupt sleep?!
We appreciate all the prayers, calls, e-mails, and visits! God has truly blessed us with the gift of wonderful friends and family! We praise Him for answering our prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment