March 23, 2010

Chocolate Milk Promises


Our little guy loves chocolate milk. (Something his mommy should have never introduced him to!) He is always telling me he wants "more poplate milk mama"! Occasionally, I cave in and he gets more. The other day I was determined to stand my ground when I asked him, "Why do you need more chocolate milk Hannan?"

He simply replied, "Because the Bible tells me so." :)

Well, I'm not sure I know where that is in the Bible, but aren't there lots of things that we mistakenly think the Word of God says!?!

I named the year of 2010 the year of "His Word in my Heart" because I so desperately need more of the Lord's truths and promises in my heart. It is so easy to forget what He has promised to us who believe...to be distracted by the daily cares of the world...to listen to the noise that accompanies our days.

I haven't memorized as much as I'd like to or even stuck to the Bible reading plan, but He knew that I wouldn't before I began. Thankfully, He is gentle and kind with me. He only desires that I know Him more. This ministry has been very encouraging and helpful by supplying a Bible memorization plan.

I am so thankful for some very sweet friends and family who continue to encourage me in His word. We were never meant to do life alone and the same goes with walking out our life in Christ. Thank you to my very precious friends who remind me of truth...my brothers who send me text messages with His Word...my husband who prays with me...my family who prays for me. I treasure you and the gifts you give.


Life is hard and trials are inevitable, but with His Word reminding us of His promises and His great love-which NEVER FAILS-we have great hope to hold on to.


2 Peter 1:3-4
His divine power has given us everything we need for LIFE and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises...


I have watched some close friends walk through the "valley of the shadow of death" lately. Their faith and strength has not wavered though, because it is a strength not of themselves. The roots of their faith run deep due to years of spending time in the Word of the Lord and time in His sweet presence through prayer. He knows them and knows their name. He is very familiar with their voice. He has heard their cries and continues to be GOOD despite their circumstances. Oh, how they have encouraged me to know HIM more...we so desperately need Him for times when this life turns up the heat and drought starts to set in...

Jeremiah 17:8
"He will be like a tree planted by the water, that sends out its roots by the stream; It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought, and never fails to bear fruit."

Even though these precious friends have had to walk through this valley, our precious Savior has not left their side. He is their comfort and peace. He truly anoints their heads with healing oil and surely goodness and mercy shall follow them through the days ahead.

HIS PROMISE...'because the Bible tells me so!'

Psalm 27:13-14"I am still confident of this: that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."


No comments:

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!