March 21st the Lord gave us Eli.
July 10th we dedicated Eli to the Lord.
July 10th we dedicated Eli to the Lord.
Surrounded by family, friends and a new little church.
Those who couldn't be with us sent their love, blessings, and precious gifts.
I was thankful for the white bib that said, "God Bless Eli."
He was dressed all in white (as all precious little dedicated ones usually are) but he decided he'd rather just be baptized (by immersion) because he pooped all over his delicate attire. I was up to my eyeballs in you-know-what when he pee-peed on me. Then, as I finally had him dressed in his red plaid, that I found in the bottom of the diaper bag, he had a fountain of spit-up erupt from his mouth.
Dedication...Christening...Baptism...We did it all that day.
I am so thankful that the Lord takes us as we are-smelly and stained- and washes away our dirt, dressing us in white.
I know we have a huge responsibility as parents, to bring these little guys up in the ways of the Lord. I am just so thankful that we aren't doing it alone.
I am becoming more and more thankful everyday for all my parents did for me. For the home I grew up in and the love that was there. The prayers prayed each morning by the stairs as we held hands. The devotions and stories on the living room couch. The Sundays in church. The sacrifices made so we could know their love and the Father's love.
I only pray we can do the same.
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9
1 comment:
The dedication was wonderful and I love the red plaid better than white! ;) Besides who needs white when our Lord covers all our dirt anyway. God bless your family!
Post a Comment