May 28, 2012

Gentleness and Mamas



A few weeks before Mother's day, a dear friend gave me a verse. 
She said, "Oh and here's the verse for mamas!"  

I have thought about and read this verse many times, 
knowing the Lord has a special place in His heart for mothers. 



Isaiah 40:11

"He tends His flock like a shepherd; 
He gathers the lambs in His arms 
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young! "

I love that He GENTLY leads me...

and I find myself desiring to become more gentle with my boys.  This is especially hard at 7:30 in the morning when we should have been out the door and down the road, but we are changing one more poopy diaper, and deciding we want cereal instead of a pop-tart, and for me, perhaps a different shirt will do better.  

I am not gentle.

But as I ABIDE in Him and with Him,  His gentleness becomes mine.  

Praying here after talking with a close friend...1 Thessalonians 2: 6-7

"We were not looking for praise from men, not from you or anyone else. As apostles of Christ we could have been a burden to you, but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children."

Wow...if we are not gentle...we can be burdensome.  Heavy.  
I can't muster up gentleness on my own.  I, myself, am full of heaviness.
But I pray that as He gently makes me lie down in green pastures and as He leads me beside quiet waters, and as He restores my soul ~ it is gentleness that eventually overflows.


We love, love, love our mothers and the time we were able to spend with them over Mother's Day weekend.  We praise God for these special ladies God has given to be our Mamas. 
Thank you for gently caring for us! 


No comments:

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!