You may remember my posts from before...
My list continues day after day. Some moments I write down and some become audible praises. Other moments I try to impress upon my memory, hoping to never forget, and yet still others slip by me. As we approach Thanksgiving, I hope that I am even more aware of being thankful. I am too often self-consumed with a tendency toward complaining instead of having a heart of thanksgiving. Maybe on this Monday night, as the rain begins to fall, His thankfulness will overwhelm my heart as I look back over the last few weeks and say, "Thank you." My thanks is to God-the one who breathed life into my very being in the beginning and the one who continues to breathe His living life into me to sustain me daily.
To see his face and hear his voice.
I am excited and thankful for a growing family.
To be able to welcome new nephews into this world within the next few days...? or weeks...?
and months!
To be secure in knowing the one who is My Provider.
There is part of me that hates to have work that seems unending...
and part of me that is so thankful I have work...still to do.
Paint that washes easily.
Little hands to wipe on those walls. Love those little hands!
Watching our yard transform slowly with hard work.
Love WATCHING :).
Troops who continue to fight on foreign soil
and even those who have given their lives here in the US.
Soft grass.
Cool breezes.
Any balloons or hats at a restaurant.
Nana.
A weekend with Amy. The big fish. The train set.
Cousins.
Lights.
Lexie.
Pa.
Hallelujah parties.
Laughter.
Hugs.
Ma-Ma (as it is squealed out) in the afternoon as I come in from work.
Da-Da.
Abby.
Sweet couple to keep Hannan daily while we work.
Hannan's new friends who kiss him bye at the door.
Zip-up PJ's.
Bedtime stories.
Prayers.
Our Sponge bob toothbrush and the fights it gives us. Good fights.
Guitar music. Anything acoustic.
Praise and Worship.
Hillsong.
Listening to Jason and Jim sing together. It's been too long.
Those from a wand and those in a tub.
More is better.
Some sidewalk chalk.
An afternoon at home.
Weekends.
Getting to leave the office (and hospital) and come home everyday.
Getting to leave the office (and hospital) and come home everyday.
For my patients who teach me.
For the miracles of medicine that I get to see.
Pictures to tell the story of their fun times.
The Rogers Clan. Low Country Boil.
Fresh ingredients from Publix.
Not thinking of the calories as I ate several of them, since he only got this one!
So thankful for the gifts everyday.
Thank you, Jesus, for reminding me of Your Love in these gifts-big and small.
2 comments:
Lela,
You are a true sister and friend. As I sit in this hotel room in Missouri reading the blog on a Tuesday midnight, I weep with thanksgiving at what an awesome family I have. I miss our times together. I love ya, and can't wait to see you at Christmas.
Jim
Congratulations to Jim and Becky--you guys are a great couple and your picture here is great.
jimmy-june-laurie
Post a Comment