December 2, 2008

1000 Gifts at Thanksgiving and Beyond...

My list continues as I look back on our wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't have my camera for all my moments, but thought I'd list a few (well, maybe several). There were so many wonderful things about Thanksgiving this year, and as always, it went by way too fast!


~the joy of discovery

~family (extended, in-laws, "out-laws", etc.)

~babies in matching outfits


~unending praise

~ models in training

~a good book

~painting with friends

~caramel hot chocolate

~staying up late to get it "perfect"


~taking Hannan to see the Lights!

~watching him learn to wave Bye-Bye

~singing Carols with the boys

~chatting with my Uncle Jimmy

~hearing the hearts of gratitude at my little church

~watching Hannan with his Nana

~phone calls/texts to my dad and brothers

~day-after-Thanksgiving bargains



~decorating for Christmas


~my mom's help with the boy

~wild hair

~big smiles




~abundant grace

~the best gift of all...the gift of a Savior


Father, this Christmas season, I pray that YOUR PEACE would rule in my heart. And help me to be thankful. Let the Word of Christ dwell in me richly, and let me sing songs with gratitude in my heart to You. Colossians 3:15-16


6 comments:

Jim said...

Amazing...simply amazing. Hannan is growing before our eyes. I'm thankful for the BEST Sister in the world...and bro-in-law

luv jim

Carrie David said...

Awesome! Inspiring! We love you guys!

Jason and Lindsey said...

I teared up Lela, I love you is just the best thing I can come up with! See you soon and it is going to be great!

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful..thanks for sharing.

Southern Preppy Farm Wife said...

Hannan is so cute. Who are the other two boys in the picture? I did not see you on the square Thanksgiving night. Did Hannan have picture made with Santa.
In regards to my presents under the tree (on my blog)..........the picture is from last year and I was a lot more organized than I am this year. Plus, Clay has be on a budget. Hope you have a wonderful christmas. Selina

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Absolute joy to read your list, praise with you...
happy tears for all the joy He daily showers on us!

Your children are beautiful and you are blessed... so BLESSED!

Praising with you...
All is grace,
Ann

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!