June 24, 2010

Aunt Peggy~

There are so many reminders in this life that it is only temporary...that we truly have an ETERNAL GOD. The time passes way too quickly; we never have enough time; people leave this life and it just doesn't seem right that they should be gone.


There is more and we know it.
Deep inside we hear our Maker telling us to live life abundantly in HIM because He has so much more in store for us that we can't even dream or imagine.



My Aunt Peggy went on to be with the Lord about a week ago. We said our good-byes this week. After a battle to live, she became tired and God called her home.
I can remember the first time I met her~we were watching and waiting outside my grandma's house, anxious to meet this lady my uncle had decided to make his bride and life-long love. I can remember her fitting right into the family, and it was if we had always had her around. She brought along two daughters who immediately became not only cousins, but new friends. Later two more wonderful children would make this family complete.


She was proud of her children and grandchildren. There was always too many months between our visits, and she'd excitedly fill us in on how each was doing. They brought her great joy and her face said it all as she talked.


She loved to give my Uncle Jimmy a hard time...I think it was her way of keeping their love lively!!! She would try to argue with him and because I'm sure he was used to her bantering, he'd laugh it off and wink at us. Eventually, she'd give in and be laughing at herself too.


We'll miss her laugh, her hugs, and her great stories.


I can only think that she is no longer sneaking pieces of pecan pie off to her room in a napkin! :)
She has been invited to a table set for a queen! She can eat whatever she likes without worrying about this body we have and things like blood sugar.


How wonderful that He has so much more in store for us! We can only imagine what we have here and think that it might just be slightly better. It is going to be SO. MUCH. MORE.
Thank you, Lord, for her life and the memories we have of her. Surround the family with your sweet presence and comfort them during this time like only YOU can. Praise your Holy Name.

As I watched the slideshow of her life and tears began to run down my cheeks, Hannan got a worried look on his face and said, "What wrong with your eye, Mama?!" He sweetly began to kiss my eyes as the tears fell, and I could only then begin to laugh*and cry more*!!! Thank God for sweet reminders of the way He loves us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lela, this is so special! Thank you for this tribute to Peggy. She would have been so very blessed by it. I know Jimmy will be! Life here on earth is short, even if you live to be 100, but thanks be to our God and Saviour, there is eternity with Him on the other side. Praise His Name!

Mama

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!