July 28, 2010

Sandestin '10: The Village

Come along...and we'll take a tour of the village.  Since it was easier to walk out of our room and spend time here, we enjoyed all the village had to offer while mom was in class. 
It was also the place to be at night in Sandestin! 

This was my favorite little place to shop.  They had lots of fun beach toys outside the doors to entice little shoppers to come in, but this was the best little find~a Thomas the Train table!


The fountains were a fun place to stop and throw in a few coins...or if you were like our friend Brandon, take a dip in the cool water yourself.


My absolute favorite was the carousal!  I only rode it a few times and spent just a small fortune.  I was able to choose from horses, deer, roosters, and cars to ride; I gave them names and got to be friends with the workers.  They really should have given me some sort of frequent rider discount!


Every night there was entertainment in the courtyard area. 
They had everything from magicians, bands, movies and fireworks.


Down at Hammerheads, we enjoyed great food, live music, and dancing two nights in a row.
It proved to be loud enough that my parents felt it was kid-friendly and safe. Notice the cute girl for me to dance with to boot!


Mom and Dad enjoyed this tasty meal while I danced.  Someone should have reminded them about the recent Gulf oil disaster when they were making menu choices.  Market Price has increased greatly with this recent disaster!!!


Sushi Rocks...no really...this is from Sushi Rocks.  And that it did.
(Or so my parents said; of course I didn't eat it, but it did look interesting)


And the pier was great to view the boats, feed the fish, and take in the sunsets.
I made Mama nervous leaning over the rails like this, but Daddy let me do it so I could see the fish and he could snap my picture.




As you can see, the things to do were endless.


It made for a week full of fun.
If you are unable to stay beach side at Sandestin, then I definitely recommend the Village.

The Sunday before we left for our trip, my parents taught the lesson in the church nursery about how God made us

While we were at the beach, I asked my Mama several times, "Did Jesus make that?!".

The sunset was something I knew He made for me!

I hope you enjoyed the tour!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless, Lela and Jay! What a blessing to see this! I love you all so very much! Hannan is a living doll! This is of course from his G'ma Sha.

Anonymous said...

Another note from anonymous G'ma Sha: I would have freaked out with my little Han-Man peering out over the side of the pier, too! I know one thing--if Han-Man went over, I'd be right behind him, without any hesitation! He is one special little fellow!

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!