I haven't been absent for a lack of things to share. I have tons I could share but that will have to wait. Recently, I have enjoyed reading other blogs and also some books! Yes. Those that have pages. And they are not all medical either. I know...it has been wonderful to enter the world of reading again. So, enough about why you have seen nothing here.
I love that God gave me a child to remind me of the simple things in life. The other night as we were cuddled in his new big boy bed saying his prayers, we had already thanked God for just about every family member we have and were about to say, AMEN, when Han said...
"WAIT A MINUTE...WE FORGOT SOMETHING!"
"Okay buddy, what did we forget?" I was a little surprised that he said we "forgot" something.
"THE FLOWERS!"
"The flowers? Okay, Thank you, Jesus, for the flowers. (?)"
AMEN.
Han was satisfied that we remembered to thank God for the flowers.
I kissed him goodnight and he drifted off to sleep holding my hand.
The only thing he didn't know (and I didn't think about at the time) was that God REALLY did bless one of my days with some special flowers. Or... maybe this smart little guy, who doesn't miss a thing, did know when God sent some flowers my way! Either way, I'm so glad he reminded me to be thankful (even for the little things)!
Like flowers:).
May you go forth in JOY and be led forth in PEACE. Isaiah 55:12
2 comments:
Lela, I forgot to tell you something that Hannan said while I had him this weekend. We were going to see Gigi and so we were in the car. He said, "My birthday is coming up." I said, "Oh, yeh?" He said, "Yes, in a minute." (Of course, his birthday is in April.) I thought that was so sweet! He loves his birthdays, because we celebrate big time, and that's as it should be! Praise God for little Hannan! He is so special! His "Sha" loves him so!
Lela, that is just the sweetest thing. It reminds me of this little girl at the ESL devotion the other week. The devotion was about how God is always there for us no matter when or where. This little girl raises her hand and says "So God never sleeps!" Not really a question but a statement. So cute! Kids really do point out so many blessings that we just look past.
Post a Comment