August 30, 2010

Celebrating 7 years...

Today we are celebrating 7 years of marriage!

I can't believe seven years have flown by since we stood in that little chapel packed with family and said our vows.  I wanted to go back and remember that sweet day with a picture or two, however, since our computer got hit by lightening, our printer/scanner hasn't worked the same either.
So, I will just have to attempt to write a little tonight. 

We were recalling the various ways we have celebrated each of our anniversaries over our left-over roast we had for supper tonight.  Hannan was squishing his mashed potatoes in his hands.

First Year: A weekend at the Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island  (We had to start with the best!)

Second Year:  A weekend in New Smyrna Beach with friends (Fun...but not romantic.)

Third Year:  The Governor's Inn in Tallahassee (Where we spent our wedding night)*sigh*

Fourth Year: A weekend at The Georgian Terrace in Atlanta (Excited about our first baby!)

Fifth Year: A nice evening out to the Melting Pot in Tallahassee (Hannan was here!)

Sixth Year: A relaxing night at home with a grilled meal (Just moved into our new house!)

Seventh Year, (this year):  It was meant to be a relaxing night at home with take-out from Mom & Dad's Italian Restaurant without the little munchkin man.  However, it turned into a trip to Wal-Mart to get a new battery which Jay had to install while the truck sat parked at the front door of Mom & Dad's.  Everyone who walked in for their nice dinner had pity on us and asked if we needed help!  We smiled sheepishly, wiped the sweat from our brows, and politely thanked them and said, "No thanks, we've got it."  Jay would get back to turning his little tiny wrench with his blackened hands, and I just held tightly to my little screws like I was helping. 

It can only get better...right!?!
Thanks to my husband...my understanding, patient, battery-changing husband.
I love you.
Thanks for making even the real, everyday, mundane life an adventure.

5 comments:

Chris Elrod said...

Congratulations! I remember Books-a-million too!!!

Anonymous said...

Lela and Jay, I am so happy for you! Life changes, but it only gets better! God is good! Gigi had a great idea about taking you to the Homecoming to celebrate, albeit a little late! Let's plan that after this coming weekend with Jim and Becky.

Milam Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I can't believe it has been seven years.

Emilee Connell said...

Lela and Jay, Happy 7th Anniversary!! Belated so have a wonderful anniversary week! (since I'm late on saying have a wonderful anniversary day:)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely family. I am glad ther my cousins and another new one on the way. I love you all and looking forward to our visit this weekend. Gary

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!