August 24, 2010

A Hidden Treasure

We went to a fun little birthday party this weekend for Hannan's friend~
Cason!!!


I loved the cake~SO cute and yummy too! 
And look at the cupcake toppers made by his mom!


Tractors, trains, and trucks galore...this little guy turned 4!
He was busy getting into his gifts.  No time to pose.


Hannan gobbled down his cupcake but couldn't keep his eyes off the water.
Enticing even for this modest mama on a hot August day.


We discovered a hidden treasure in my hometown that day.  
Cason happened to have his birthday party at a wonderful little water park
nestled in the north west side of town.


Ahhh...you can just see the refreshment that poured off that mushroom.


Water-filled fun poured from buckets high above.


We thoroughly enjoyed our morning at the water park. 
Hannan was literally the last one out.  I wasn't sure if I might have to leave our fish there. 


Thanks to Cason for inviting us to his 4th birthday party at the
fun and relaxing water park (~surprisingly~) in little Mo-town.

I can't help but share that I truly kept thinking of finding a little hidden treasure that day with Hannan.

My thoughts went towards Proverbs 2.

"My son (daughter), if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."

How much more does God have waiting for us to find? 
May we search and discover all the treasures He has waiting for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lela, I was wondering if God had a special word for me today and I found it while reading your blog! How awesome is our God! Thank you for sharing! I love you! Mom

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!