Hannan is really getting into being a big brother already! He loves to talk to his little baby brother and has many names for him. None of them seem to stick so I won't mention them yet.
I call him Hercules, because this boy has to be bigger than Hannan was at this time! (It's surely not my fault! Christmas goodies can't have anything to do with it!)
Expecting during this time of year, I think on a verse out of Luke 2 which tells the Christmas story.
"So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:17-19
We went through many emotions as we were expecting Hannan-joy, then fear, then joy again, and many other emotions in between. But the moment I held him in my arms...I could truly ponder all those moments in my heart and treasure the greatest one yet.
I know the minor moments of being uncomfortable during this pregnancy won't even compare to meeting this baby for the first time.
I can't even begin to imagine what Mary felt the first moment she held Jesus. She was merely a girl~ away from home and all she'd ever known~ with family who doubted her story ~and with a soon-to-be husband that she barely knew~ having to carry the Messiah through pregnancy and then giving birth to God Himself wrapped in infant flesh. She truly knew what it meant to treasure up all the moments she had experienced~those holy and those horrible~ and ponder them in her heart as so worth it.
As she felt the breath of God on her face as she held him close,
I am sure she was filled with inexpressible joy like never before.
Isaiah 9:6
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Thoughts taken from a devotional by Beth Moore, Jesus, 90 days with the One and Only.
2 comments:
You look so beautiful! I love checking in on you. This time last year we were eating cookies with Cindy! I hope your Christmas is filled with wonder! Love ya, mean it
Lela, you are absolutely radiant when you are expecting! I know exactly what you are feeling--the first time I held you, I knew a mother's love for her child is the greatest love there is. You were a beautiful baby, and you are a more than beautiful mother! I love you so very much! Mom
Post a Comment