March 14, 2011

In less than a week....


We will welcome our second little boy into our home:)!

I can't wait to meet this new little fella that God has given us.  He has been in our hearts and prayers for so long now.  I am just a few pounds more than when I delivered Hannan and feeling pretty good except at the end of a long day at work.  Slightly swollen ankles, occasionally a twinge of back pain, growing pains and reflux...all so worth it.  I will work another day before I put my feet up and (try to) rest before he comes.  I am craving anything sweet right now, so if you want to go for a milkshake let me know!  Chick-fil-A is always calling my name!

I have been a little anxious about how he will arrive. I know that God has His hand on us and will be with us every step of the way.  I pray my mind would be fixed upon HIM-the Prince of Peace-as we approach the day of his arrival.  I heard recently the reference to the fact that Jesus was crucified on the Mount referred to as Golgotha which means "skull".  This is significant because our battle is always in the mind-we must be crucified there first, so that we can live with renewed minds in Him.

Hebrews 13:6  The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.

I am continuing to count the gifts because this helps me trust Him who is Trustworthy.

"Remembering frames up gratitude. Gratitude lays out the planks of trust. I can walk the planks--from known to unknown--and know: He holds."  Ann Voskamp in One Thousand Gifts


More of my Gifts....
"mommy you are pretty", poptart stuck to face, "can you see how big I'm getting?", smell of rain, peach trees with pink blossoms, little boy running to his dad, long naps, surprise dinner, prayer over baby, twins born~Alena and Abby, country potty training picture, Micah joining his family, fog over pond, "not anything", "baby" Christmas trees, and so many more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply precious, Lela! I love you! Mom

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s – just took a while to get here :)

First, I’m a little nervous commenting just below your mom. Meh….

And because you already have the baby’s name – and you love him though you haven’t seen him – like we love HIM without ever seeing Him – and the name is a solid SOLID name - my favorite from your list this week is: Micah joining his family

Thank you for this, and God Bless and Keep you and all of yours.

Anonymous said...

Preach it, Lela! Never have heard that about where Jesus was crucified and correlating that to our battle in our mind.

Yay for baby coming SOON! Saying a prayer for you right now. You are about to have double the fun!

Anonymous said...

Well, Lela, we are almost there! Little Eli will make his appearance in about 14 hours! I am so excited! Know that you are covered in prayers and God will be there to breathe life into little Eli! And to watch over and take care of you, my precious daughter! I love you so much! I send my blessings to you, to Jay, to Hannan, and to little Eli! Mom

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!