November 24, 2011

8 Months and so Thankful!!!

Paul said in Philippians 4: 11-12..."I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.  I have learned the secret to living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little."

I have not learned...but I am learning...little bit by little bit.  My boys teach me so much about being truly thankful.  My complaining and muttering reveals that my heart still holds distrust and unbelief.  Do I truly believe that my God is enough?

Of course He is!!! But deep down...I have to ask myself..."If I believe He is more than enough...One who can be Trusted...The One who IS LOVE...IS JOY...my Faithful Father...why do I still complain and act ungrateful for all that He has done?"  

I awoke early this morning to the sound of banging on a guitar with a song that had the chorus, "Mama, Mama... Mama, Mama."  My first thought was, "I wish I could sleep-in peacefully." 
Then, I thought again.  NO- "I am so thankful to wake up to that beautiful sound!"

I have been listening here this week...So good to hear the week of Thanksgiving.

As I have continued to write them down one by one...it makes my heart swell with gratitude and reminds me of how Good our God truly is.  He IS enough.  We have to be reminded.  We live in a world of needing more...wanting more...I am so guilty.  I have to remind myself and write them down and read them and reread them.  My heart has been hammered again and again with this message of thankfulness.  I am SO THANKFUL for HIS GRACE in the little moments and it helps me to stop and Thank Him for more grace to see me through.  Maybe there is just one other who looks at this page who feels the same. 
(Another great message on endurance and His grace to see you through is here.  
Something that all my friends who are mothers to young children should hear!)

Tonight I wrote down #1000.  I can't believe how easy it was to get to 1000!  It isn't about the number or the counting but in the taking time to say, "Thank you, Jesus." 

"Time is life. And if I want the fullest life, I need to find the fullest time...the busyness of your life leaving little room for the source of your life...And who has time for God?"  Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts

Luke 17:17-18 Jesus said, "Were not 10 cleansed? Where are the nine? Didn't any return to give glory to God except this foreigner?" 

Jesus healed the 10 lepers and only one...ONE...came back to say thank you.  In Beth Moore's book, Jesus, 90 days with the One and Only, she makes the point that, "his healing made him think of his healer, not just himself."

This month we have all written our moments of gratitude on the leaves of our tree.  (Idea from here.)
I have loved the way it has brought our family together to Give Thanks. As someone in our home church said, "We could fill up tons of trees with the leaves of thankfulness." 


And giving Thanks too for 8 months
A new tooth.
Less spit up.
Wanting to move.
Healthy, long, big, strong.

We all love him.




Happy Thanksgiving!!!

#1000  Psalm 139.



3 comments:

Kellie Wilkes said...

Thank you friend. I love watching your boys grow. You are beautiful!You love your family so much. Such an encouragement.
~ Kellie

Anonymous said...

Lela, how special your words are to me and to everyone who knows you! God is so good to us! Thank you for blessing your Mom--me! I love you!

Our Home said...

Thank ya'll for your sweet words! You both encourage me! Kellie, I can not tell you how much your posts have meant! Thank you for washing me in the water of the Word! I have a friend that has just moved back and is at NSB...I'm sure you will meet if you haven't already! :)

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!