January 8, 2009

A Look Back at 2008


Happy New Year!!! We pray that everyone is enjoying a fresh new year already. Lately, I have come across several great posts on other blogs about treasuring the gifts of 2008 and pressing ahead with Christ into 2009. I know this post is about a week late, but I still thought I'd look back at '08 before moving ahead into the new year.

A resounding question lately seems to be, "What was learned from '08?". After much time pondering this question, here are 8 of the things I learned in '08.

1. (Nehemiah 6:3) Although lots of other things demand my attention, I will continue doing a good work as a parent.

2. True happiness is going into a happy home where we laugh, sometimes cry, but always enjoy life together.

3. Babies REALLY do grow too fast-it's not just something older people say.

4. Being a mom is a full time job that leaves little time for anything like cleaning house.

5. Family Medicine is a job that requires great skill, patience, and continued learning. I admire the physicians and providers that do this well.

6. We are all the Body of Christ. Each part of the body has a purpose and is needed. We may function very differently, but we have to continue to work together and love one another.

7. Tummy time, teething, naps, schedules, how to store breast milk, how to mix formula...the list goes on and on about what I've learned as a mom!

8. We have a wonderful Maker! He is sovereign and oh, so very sweet! I know this video circulated around to everyone on e-mail but I thought I'd include the link here to something that blew me away this year; somehow I missed this one in all those biology classes.

I am so thankful for all I learned in '08! May we look to '09 with excitement and anticipation of more good gifts! Isaiah 43:19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Great thoughts!
jimmy

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!