February 14, 2009

A Valentine for You!


We wanted to send out Valentine cards to show our love, but we didn't get very far in our process of making them.
We were inspired by the sweet little Valentine that we received from cousin Grayson. Made with love, it included his little hand print in pink. I should have been warned by their blog post that this was not an easy project to undertake!
Instead of taking heed, I plunged ahead and smeared Hannan's hand through red paint. The next thing I knew, red paint went flying as he happily slung his hand all around the room. We managed to press his hand down quickly but not without smearing the little hand into what I first considered just a bright red mess. As it dried though, I looked and saw a little heart aflame (maybe you can use your imagination and see it too)!
I have thanked the Lord today for sending us the ultimate Valentine. He sent His only Son so that our hearts could know His awesome unconditional love. May we be captured up in His love today! John 3:16







This is the only Valentine card we managed to make before we threw the little boy covered in red paint in the bath tub. Consider it yours!

Happy Valentine's Day! WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Emilee Connell said...

Awwwwwwe....how sweet! I can kinda see the heart too. Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Hannan!

Anonymous said...

I see the heart and the flame....thanks for sharing.

Jason and Lindsey said...

Love it, and love ya'll! So glad because of what Jesus did we can enjoy these moments with our little ones and see the beauty (the heart and flames)in what sometimes may be called a mess (ink or paint, we know now, hehe)!

Hope to see you all soon!
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

This is so precious! Thank you for sharing Hannan with us. He is a delight to be with.
I love you all,
G'ma Sha

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!