May 20, 2009

Nailing it Down...

We have started breaking ground...


And laying the foundation...


Putting up some walls...



And watching the rafters go up...


And slowly observing our new house come together...


Four weeks behind us, a few more months to go...


More house pictures to come...


I decided to bring some building supplies home with me the other day. While walking across the front yard above and trying to avoid the many boards, I stepped on a piece of plastic that also had a board beneath it and took four nails into the bottom of my foot! OUCH!


Needless to say, Jay now has two to take care of! One that is walking everywhere (that would be Hannan!) and one that is off her feet for a few days! We have had lots of help! A special thanks to my ambulance driver~Leslie~I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there!


I know there is no comparison, but I had to think of the nails that pierced my Savior so that He could make His Home with me. He did this while I was still far away from Him, undeserving, ungrateful, and full of sin. He did this knowing what I could be with Him...holy, lovely, thankful, and free. I am so thankful for the nails taken for me.

Romans 4:17

God, who gives Life to the dead, and calls forth things that are not as though they were.

Colossians 2:13-14

When we were dead in our sins, God made us alive in Christ. He forgave ALL our sins, and canceled our debt that stood against us; He took it away, nailing it to the cross.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I am so sorry about your foot but I am very excited about your house.

Leslie said...

Lela,
I am so sorry that you hurt your foot. It just makes me cringe every time I think about it!
Anytime you need a driver you let me know...I just hope that it is not because you are injured.
Love you!!
Leslie
P.S. I have found that when I want to take building materials home with me that carrying nails in my tire is much less painful to me personally : )

Emilee Connell said...

I hate you did that! Ouch! I had so much fun the other night getting together you and yours and your family. I'm definitely looking forward to yall coming down to Honduras and to my next visit with Mr. Hannan--he is such a cutie pie. Love yall and I hope your foot gets to feeling better soon.

cae said...

I don't want to experience nails thru the foot, but it made me think, too, about Jesus taking the nails thru His hands and feet and the sword in the side for me. I surely don't deserve Him doing that; I deserve to take it on myself. He is such a loving Savior.
Love all of y'all!!!
CAE

Anonymous said...

Lela, i haven't been on your blog since mother's day. Your house looks amazing. I can't wait to see it. We need to talk soon.

Love,kelly

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!