August 18, 2009

Folded Hands..."The Pilgrimage into Prayer"



"Lord, teach us to pray..." Luke 11:1

His little hands folded in prayer for the first time yesterday. :)

He is learning the outward appearance of prayer. Oh how my heart longs to know how to teach him how to pray...yet, I am still learning myself.

He is so excited when we bow our heads.

His eyes never close but he watches us to show him what to do next.

Call out ~ we are to call the Name of the Lord. HIS Name that is above every name and calms our fears and gives us hope. He is there with us ~ always...

He hears us when we call...even when we whisper.

"Call to me..." Jere. 33:3

We give Him Praise. We confess our sin and our great need. We lay our requests at His feet. ~

He knows our smallest need before we ask Him. And the best part is ~ He is good. He wants to give us good gifts-even more than I want to give this little guy the best gifts that I could possibly gather up for him.

Matthew 7:11

Our Father is always near to us.

"What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord Our God is near us whenever we pray to Him?" Deut. 4:7

As we say Amen, Hannan claps wildly, has a grin from ear to ear, and squeals with delight. He excites us with his enthusiasm. It's like he knows he has drawn near to his Maker.

"From the lips of infants and children you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger."Psalm 8:2
I love it that God can shut up the mouth of the enemy through the praise of this little child!


Lord Jesus, continue to teach me how to pray...just how to talk to you. You are a friend that is closer than a brother. Teach me not only how to know you more through prayer, but also how to teach this precious child to call on your name. You care for us. Even when things don't make sense in this world, you are still God and you are still Good. We need you more. I love you~



holy experience

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful when our children begin to draw into Him. No, we don't know everything about drawing into God, but we did have a beginning and we can start our children there. :)

Maria said...

*What a beautiful family*
How blessed is Hannan to have parents who seek to live in God's presence.
I'll never forget the words of pediatric physician Diane Komp:
"Children are fresh from God."
Somehow, I believe that children are more aware of the Kingdom around them than most adults...they simply don't have the words~
Most often my mind is so cluttered ... whereas theirs is as Jesus reminds us to be!
All the best, as you seek The Best
~Maria

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Nothing is quite as profound as the prayers and praises of a little child. Thank-you.

Anonymous said...

Precious little hands held in the large hand of God forever and always.

Suzanne said...

“He wants to give us good gifts-even more than I want to give this little guy the best gifts that I could possibly gather up for him.”

Thank you for this wonderful reminder.

Deborah Ann said...

LOVE the pictures! Nothing brings me closer to God than holding a tiny baby in my arms. Very inspirational, thank you!

Traci Michele said...

Wonderful post! I love the picture!

Such tender and open hearts, children have!

so should we........

Love,
Traci

Anonymous said...

So beautiful...those little hands folded in prayer!
Blessings,
Catherine

Unknown said...

thank you sharing with such elegance.

jimmy said...

thanks lela and jay-this picture is priceless.

Emilee Connell said...

That is just beautiful. I so needed that. It just made me smile reading this and being able to see a perfect picture of how we should always be excited to be in the presence of our God and Father. You can learn so much from the little ones.

Sarah said...

I simply love Psalm 8:2. You are raising a generation of praisers.

Blessings to you from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!