February 4, 2010

Playing with Picasa

Google's free photo editing software, Picasa, has allowed me the opportunity to play around with some of my photos. It is fun and easy to use and did I mention it was free? One day I hope to have a super nice camera with lenses, etc. and maybe even Photo shop, but until then, my little point-and-shoot camera and this Picasa will do just fine. (I know anyone who does serious photography or blogging may laugh at this post, but for me, I am just coming around to figuring some of this out!)

These are a few shots from our recent trip down to St. Augustine.

Altered tuning and added text
(I notice that here, the lettering looks too small. Oh well...)


Soft Focus



Focal Black and White with a little graduated tint


Cropped, altered tuning, changed saturation


Graduated tint, cropped


Filtered Black and White


Focal Black and White


Again, Focal Black and White


Warmify and tuning


Saturation


Saturation and tuning


A click of the "I'm feeling lucky" button on this one!


Saturation


Sharpen and Saturation


Sepia

Saturation, tuning

Black and White


Cropping and saturation



This is my favorite re-creation-
There is a mixture of graduated tint, saturation, and tuning on this one.




As you can see, I just had some fun playing around with it and the titles of editing are more for me to remember what I did than for anyone else. If you have some expertise in this area of photo editing, please share. I would love to learn more.


1 comment:

Jason and Lindsey said...

Lela, I don't think there is any reason to spend money for anything! Your pictures are incredible just like they are. I'm amazed at what the right operator can do.

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!