June 27, 2011

More and More on Monday

I know I am one to always say that "time goes by too fast," and it does...I can't wrap my fingers around these fleeting moments and make them slow down.  As I folded Eli's little clothes last night, I realized that he has outgrown many of them already.  Time to pack them up and move on.  I want to soak up every moment. And that's why I keep counting.

I know you may tire of these posts of thanking the Lord for all these daily gifts, but it keeps my eyes open to look for more and my heart more inclined to give thanks. 

"I redeem time from neglect and apathy and inattentiveness when I swell with thanks and weigh the moment down and it's giving thanks to God for this moment that multiplies the moments, time made enough." Ann Voskamp in One Thousand Gifts  

Going back to work, I thought "...that was the fastest 12 weeks of my life!"  I wondered where the time went and what we did besides changing diapers and feeding. I had my list of gifts to look over and remember precious moments. I have counted 375 or more gifts since Eli was born. I know that is not even a fraction of the gifts I have been given over the last few weeks, but they were ones that I captured.  I won't list them all, but thought I'd share a few moments. 




































2 Corinthians 9:15  Thanks be to God for His indescribable gifts!

2 comments:

Kellie Wilkes said...

Love it, Love it, Love it.
#293 Your sweet blog.

Our Home said...

Awww-thanks Kelly! Isn't it so great to count them?!

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!