June 8, 2011

This is the Day

...the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalms 118:24



Over here they are talking about what it means to live "Christ-centric". 
I love this post and think it is a wonderful idea to taste and see that the Lord is good.  (Psalm 34:8)

I recently changed our profile on the blog and mentioned wanting to have a home centered around the love of Christ.  Her post made me think about what disciplines we have to keep it that way.  We are far from being there; however, daily we can strive to fill our hearts and minds with His word and be changed.  Moving from the busyness, worries, confusion, and lies of this world into His presence where there is peace, hope, clarity, and truth.  Not to mention ~Love and True JOY. I need this in my life. More each day.



Morning after morning before Eli was born, Hannan and I had 15 minutes or more in the car on the way to his big boy school.  There were mornings he was dressed in a rush as I grabbed my lunch and made him a cup of milk, hunted his blanket and threw him in his car seat.  He is such a sweet boy and most mornings didn't seem to mind the hurry.

But as we got in the car to leave for our day, I paused before leaving.  Out of my mouth I made it a habit to say, "This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. "

There were days I certainly didn't feel like saying it...like when the morning sickness was begging for crackers and the bed, or I knew charts and more patients with pain awaited me at the office, or Hannan and I had had a morning of arguing over clothes and breakfast choices. But as I forced the words to pass over my lips, I softened and knew those words were true and I could trust HIM who had made this new day.

And then there were other days when I loved saying it..like on Fridays (which is usually my day off), or on days my little boy kissed me continuously telling me, "I love you Mommy." 



I wasn't sure if Hannan was even listening or understanding.  He would stare out the window and as I tried to coax him into saying it, he would shrug it off and refuse.  

A few weeks ago I was asked to help with children's church.  The lesson was on worship with the verse being Psalm 118:24. That Sunday morning as I read the verse aloud to the little group of children, like music to my ears, Hannan piped up and began finishing the verse for me with light in his eyes.  He had listened. Hidden in his heart...the Word~for days we need to know that this IS the day the LORD HAS made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.



I have had trouble saying this the past few days because of not feeling well, but it is still true.

There is so much I want to share and post about and so little time to do so.  I am getting ready to return to work after my 12 weeks of maternity leave and there may be very few posts after that.  I know that is a gracious leave time, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly, but it is still very difficult and all the more reason to have His promises filling my mind. Hopefully, I will get time to share our recent trip to Jay's Aunt Becky's house. These pictures are from our trip but of course, that is a whole separate post.



Until later, I pray that you will find Joy in reading His word aloud to yourself until it is hidden in your heart and becomes real in your life.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious and wonderful this is to me! God is so good! I love you all so very much! Mom

Kellie Wilkes said...

What a wonderful way to start my morning. Thanks friend. You are a blessing in so many ways ~ to your family, to your patients, and to us!

Christina said...

What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing! So hard to pause in the craziness of life and remember what's important. Thanks for this reminder!

Emilee Connell said...

I need the "like" button for this blog post. How sweet and precious! Go Hannan for learning the Word and Go Lela & Jay for teaching him and Eli the Word! God is so good!!

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about this song. Tell Hannan a big "Thank You" from me for reminding me. Now, I gotta go teach my kids this one!

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!