I had so much fun planning Eli's first birthday party
that of course I had to share pictures from that day!
The Bookworm Birthday Bash...
I loved the way his invitation turned out! My sweet friend, Mrs. Kathie, at Excite and Invite helped me with my idea of a library card to invite the family to his big day! We would have loved to invite more, but decided family was enough for his 1st birthday party.
All those pictures from each month!
Most of my ideas came from another blog I stumbled across. (At first, I thought I had an incredibly original idea...until searching Pinterest and other blogs...it had all been done before!!!) She used the brown paper bags to hold the kids' lunches but I decided to use them for a few treats to take home.
With the help of my dad (and a suggestion from Jay, my husband), we found some great little books to use as the party favor for the kids.
Excite and Invite also helped me with my bookmarks for the family.
Sweet little cards to stick in your favorite book and remember Eli again and again.
Yes...you have seen this somewhere before. It's all over Pinterest, but I couldn't resist for this party.
Simple and Fun. The book jacket wreath.
His cupcakes were a huge hit! Not only were they too cute, but delicious too!
I can not take any credit. So thankful for Elizabeth that helped me with these!
The decorations were simple...perfect for a one year old!
We did sub sandwiches and Chick-Fil-A nuggets. I learned a valuable lesson for future parties. No matter how few children you have...EVERYONE loves the nuggets. Get a bigger tray.
Someone else loved his after dinner treat!!! We all knew he'd get into that cake! I had Elizabeth do the smash cake all white to cut down on mess, but he was pretty particular with how he got the cake in his mouth, so we could have gone all out with color.
Some of these photos may appear funky. I was playing with Picasa.
The 1960s really cracked me up. :)
Yay! Sing to me again...I love it!
And I'll take some milk with my cake please.
Pretty good day!!!
Thank you again to all that helped...that were here before, during, after...that called...that sent gifts... that have loved on Eli and loved on us during his first year! Blessed~We Are!!!
1 comment:
Oh Lela, it's sooo adorable! I love all of your thoughtful decorations and the theme is so cute!!! Isn't pinterest the greatest? Happy Birthday Eli!
Post a Comment