Where has this year gone?! One year ago today, God blessed our little family with you. Our Elijah Lyle. Sweet from the start. I think you spent the first 3 or 4 months with your eyes tightly shut! If you had a bad day...no problem~you'd just keep those eyes closed and stay in your own little world! You have probably had a million kisses to that little fuzzy head by your big brother Han. He loves you to no end. And so do Mama and Daddy.
You started out tiny to me. 7 lbs and 9 oz, 19 1/2 inches long. But it seems it took no time for you to double that weight and now triple it. You are a tall (over 30 inches!), handsome little man.
I love watching you learn new things. Like today, seeing the joy on your face when you heard yourself say "uh-oh" out loud. Little things delight you-like touching Abby's hair, hearing Han laugh, holding hands with Han in the back seat, kisses to the belly, and of course, food and milk, milk, milk.
You loved having the Birthday song sung to you this morning, but you weren't up for pictures first thing. Sorry I tortured you in that way. I just want to grab each moment that I can. I have seen Hannan grow so quickly and I have learned that even in the tough moments, I should whisper thanks for them all.
Do you know how much I missed you last week? This mama's heart literally ached to hold and kiss her baby boys. Wow-the love of a parent for a child and the deep and desperate need to hold them close at times is unfathomable. Oh, that we would remember that Our Heavenly Father longs and desires to hold us even closer and lavish His love on us as His children.
1 John 3:1 "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
What a fun first year! Thank you for the snuggles, the coos, the spit-up over and over, the sleepless nights where we held you close, the laughs, the smiles, the slobbery kisses, all the firsts, and the blessing of you. Precious-you are. But a rascal too. I can tell it already. I am going to have my work cut out for me...I just need to get ready. I can tell you and Han together will make for an entertaining ride. You have a little temper already and I know that curly hair is just the orneriness coming out of you.
Now that I'm home from Honduras, on to planning your 1st Birthday party!
Looking forward to a fun day with family to celebrate you!
I hope you enjoy ripping out pages and digging into cake at your Bookworm Birthday!
You are a treasured gift. Beautiful, wonderful, and fearfully made. So thankful for one year with you and many more to come.
As your birth announcement said...
Isaiah 49:1
"Before I was born the Lord called me from my mother's womb. He has spoken my name."
Eli-Your name Elijah means "Jehovah is my God" and Eli means "Friend of God". I just traveled over 2000 miles to tell people I didn't even know about the healing power of Jesus and the great love of God. I pray as your mom, right here in our home, I would be a light of His love to you. God forgive me if I am not a witness of that love right where I am. I pray you will one day know Jehovah is your God and He will be your very best friend. I love you, my sweet son, Eli.
Happy 1st Birthday!
2 comments:
Oh, Lela, I just cry when I read this! You are so special, and I understand first-hand the love you have for your precious children, because I have that love in my heart for you and your brothers! I also realize from experience just how quickly the time passes before your beloved children are grown and on their own. One day you will experience the uncomparable love for your grand-children, just as I have for mine. I wish Eli the happiest first birthday ever! He is such a blessing, as are Hannan, Grayson and Emory! I love you all! Mom
I can't believe he is one! Happy Birthday Eli! His pictures are just adorable!
Post a Comment