
On Thursday we had our last 8th grade football game and I was hoping Mom and Hannan might be able to come and cheer us on. Previously, my future All-Star had not been able to make it due to any number of different reasons; feedings, naps, feedings, another nap, and of course 90+ degree heat, big flying insects, biting insects, uncomfortable seating, loud obnoxious people, and all the other things babies (and often, parents) hate about outdoor sporting events..... So, having not heard from Lela all day, coupled with a number of encroaching thunderstorm clouds, I assumed that this would not be the day either......maybe next year.
On the way out to the field to start the game I managed a glance or two up into the stands just to check....nobody. About half way through the first quarter I peeked again (Major

Side Note: In case you don't know, sunglasses are great for coaching. They allow you to look at other things while the game is going on and nobody can tell if your paying attention, which of course I usually am, unless I'm looking for my family. The only problem was I didn't have my sunglasses due to a football to head to sunglasses altercation on Wednesday. The sunglasses lost and are therefore in route to the Costa del Mar repair dept. Don't worry Jim.) All that said, I had to look quick! And, accompanying every bit of 150 die hard Middle School Packer Fans, was my wife and child. Forget sunglasses and being sneaky! Amongst the consistent chant of "What kind of play was that" and "Put so and so in" I smiled a great big smile and actually turned around and waved!! I was so excited to see them...my family, a little bit supporting the Packers

but alot supporting Dad! I was so proud of my Little Fellow; the pride of being a father hit me before I even knew it.....then I almost really needed the sunglasses.
Mom said Hannan went on to have a great time, quickly picking up on the fact that he could yell at any time for any reason and no one cared because they were yelling too (Hopefully not at Dad or his fellow coaches). He watched intently and cheered, actually keeping up with the movements and actions of the players. The game didn't exactly end with the result we had hoped for, but nonetheless, some piece of the game of life was hopefully instilled somewhere inside 60 some odd football players. Hannan came down onto the field after the game and Mom was nice enough to take a few pics. It was a day I will never forget....a day worth sharing....
I Love You Guys!
Mama's Team
4 comments:
OK I need the sunglasses now. Too precious. We love you guys!
Great day daddy! I loved the post and I love you guys :)
Great Day For the Allen Family. Enjoyed the story-thanks Jay
Great pictures lela.
Too, too precious. What a blessing!
Post a Comment