October 17, 2008

The Glorious in the Everyday

Even before I became a mom, life was busy and pulled me in a thousand different directions with work, activities, church, and home life. The busyness of life seems to be magnified now with all that we had before being accompanied by a schedule of feedings, playtime, nap time, diapers, and more! I am learning that some of the best times to see and experience God are in the daily activities with this little guy. God speaks to me through Hannan's little laugh and says, "I AM JOY!" I want to soak it in, savor the moment, save it forever...

Psalm 81:5 (The Message Bible) "I hear this most gentle whisper from One I never guessed would speak to me."

Check out this blog I stumbled upon after seeing a link on three other blogs-A Holy Experience. I especially like the idea of the Thanksgiving box from last week. This site will make you stop to realize the glorious in the everyday!

What is the glorious in the everyday for you? (There may be a prize up for grabs here-one of those fun fall giveaways!)

1 comment:

Still Waters. said...

Lela,
Great thought! I surely find "the glorious in the everyday" when I have an opportunity to enjoy nature. It seems that God always speaks to me through nature- the weeds in the garden that should be pulled before they are too deep or the deep roots of some trees compared with the shallow roots of trees that are blown over during a storm. And what better time to enjoy nature than in the fall. The wildflowers, the fall grasses, and of course the long shadows that seem to come with autumn.
But my greatest joy these days comes from spending time with these little boys in my life. I look forward to being able to enjoy autumn and every season with them!
Love you all,
June

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!