I am not going to share my list of Christmas gift ideas for others,
or my own little wish list, but...
I am talking about a list of the gifts that I receive daily- my gratitude list taken from my personal journal. I decided to join the Gratitude Community after reading about this wonderful idea on a blog I've mentioned previously. Scribbling down these little gifts as they come along...opening my eyes to the ways God blesses me everyday. Thanksgiving isn't just a day we celebrate at the end of this month, it is what we bring to Him daily as He gives so much to us.
I will be the first to say that my thoughts are not always thankful. I do not always recognize a gift when it is given to me. I over look and pass by opportunities to show gratitude.
That is why I am choosing to start my own Gratitude Journal during this month of thankfulness.
A few things here and there...gifts...treasures...joys-I may not list them all, but I want to share some of my wonderful blessings-the packages I have found to unwrap through my day.
~a husband who will cook supper...
~my favorite new song playing on my i-pod...
~a happy and healthy little boy...
~little winter hats and a little, cold, red nose...
~our dog Abby who just turned 3!
~Hannan sitting up unassisted...
~gummy smiles...
~clothes from Bennett...
~clean water to drink, bathe in, cook with - just by turning a nob...
~little boy in his duck tub (since he outgrew the infant one!)
~hooded towels and robes...
~feeling better after a cold for 3 weeks...
~hearing that first word - Mama!
1 Thessalonians 5:18
More to come...
2 comments:
Aahhh!!! What a special sound, "Mama." NOTHING in the world like it. I try to remember that when I get annoyed that "Mama" is repeated 50 times in one hour.
Life seems to get so much easier when they can sit on their own and begin to entertain themselves. Precious!! Bitter / Sweet.
Cute, Cute, Cute! Love the pictures. Add my blog to your blog list!
Post a Comment