On Wednesday night I help Catherine with the three and four year olds at church. She unfortunately couldn't be there this past week, and I had those fun little guys all to myself!
I tried to teach the lesson while we cut/ripped paper and made our own version of stained glass windows. I didn't really think they were paying me much attention, so I decided to talk with them about the upcoming holidays. I asked them, "What are we celebrating next week?" One little cutie with a very southern accent said, "Turkey Day!"
After encouraging him that he was very right, I said, "And what comes after that?"
He exclaimed, "Well, THANKSGIVING, of course!"
Well, this was our "Turkey Day", and I guess we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving later this week.
I tried to teach the lesson while we cut/ripped paper and made our own version of stained glass windows. I didn't really think they were paying me much attention, so I decided to talk with them about the upcoming holidays. I asked them, "What are we celebrating next week?" One little cutie with a very southern accent said, "Turkey Day!"
After encouraging him that he was very right, I said, "And what comes after that?"
He exclaimed, "Well, THANKSGIVING, of course!"
Well, this was our "Turkey Day", and I guess we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving later this week.
Family and Food-It doesn't get much better than that!
(Mama, the only thing I can figure is that you were in the kitchen cooking, and I was behind the camera! Thanks to you and Grandma for lots of delicious goodies!)
2 comments:
What a cute little turkey! :)
Love the pics Lela! We miss ya'll and can't wait until this weekend! Love you all! Lindsey
Post a Comment