January 18, 2010

A Virus...!?! And new words...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately!  I have had several things that I've wanted to share lately, like my thoughts on turning 32, my desires and hopes for 2010, and most recently, our trip to St. Augustine for the weekend. However, my time seems to slip away even faster lately and our home computer caught a nasty virus today and all of my pictures are under attack! Hopefully, it will be repaired soon and we will not lose everything.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share an e-mail from Becky's parents with you.  I was entertained and thought that you might enjoy it too!  We have definitely had some cold weather here, but nothing like Jim has been experiencing in Nebraska.  Here is the letter from Mr. Jeff:

"New Words Jim has learned"

"Thanks to our extreme winter, your brother has learned a few new words that no one should be forced to use.
ROOF RAKE: our local hardware stores will sell you for about $70 a very long handled, large, heavy "hoe" to rake the snow off your roof while standing on the ground.

DYNAMITE THE RIVER: due to the large amount of ice, our local natural resources board will contract for the Platte and Elkhorn Rivers to be dynamited to break up the ice (Our house sits between these two rivers)

BLACK ICE: ice on our hiways that is virtually impossible to see but can easily cause a spin-out. I've skidded twice with my truck and it really raises your blood pressure. This has been the worst month of December that Lori and I can remember."   Jeff
 
Mrs. Lori shared some pictures of their house. "Three major snowstorms in one month with 5 foot drifts."


First, be reminded of how it looked in July by going here.
Then take a look at January!


The three windows behind Zeke are above the picnic table which is covered with snow!



A closer view of the table and chairs peeking out!


The icy lake...ice skating anyone?
Thank you, Mr. Jeff and Mrs. Lori, for sharing a little of Jim's new experiences with us!

We have had our share of cold weather down this way as well, but thankfully, we have had a little break over the weekend.  We went and dug our toes into the sand at St. Augustine.  I only wish I could have stayed on the beach a little longer to enjoy the salty air.

Jay and I want to come up with some words that Jim shouldn't forget.  Got any for him?

3 comments:

Jim said...

Hahaha!!! That's a great post!!! Isn't that crazy?! One phrase I'll never forget,"It can't get any worse than this...until tomorrow!"

Jason and Lindsey said...

Jim's known those words for awhile! They have just meant different things. See below:
"Roof rake"- a regular rake that has found its way to the roof after trying to knock the soccer ball down that got stuck up there.
"Dynamite the river"- What the local rednecks do when they don't have money for bait.
"Black Ice"- Can be purchased in $10 increments in certain small town neighborhoods, if you know where to ask!
HAHA!

Our Home said...

HaHa! Yes-that is what we were looking for! Perfect! Thanks guys!

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!