August 17, 2008

Work in Progress

Hannan and I are working on a little project/gift for Daddy. It was originally supposed to be a Father's Day gift, but that was a crazy time here at the Allen home because Jay had just had his surgery; so we'll call it an anniversary gift from Hannan to Daddy (and mama too)!
We went to this fun little place called Imagination Unlimited in Thomasville where they let you paint your own pottery. Don't worry; I'm not spoiling the surprise because Jay already knows what we are doing, but not exactly what it is. (Let me know if you would like to go back with us-I have a feeling this will be a favorite spot for us to go for some Christmas presents!)
We were only able to do part of the gift and then Hannan got tired so we felt we needed to leave for that day. We put our piece of pottery on a shelf labeled "works in progress". I couldn't help but think how I am a "work in progress"! I am learning more and more everyday about areas that still need to be refined by the Lord. Having a child teaches you so much about yourself that you could previously ignore. I thank God that He doesn't give up on me, but continues to work on me-pursuing me in even the mundane and daily activities of life. Philippians 1:6 "...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to COMPLETION until the day of Christ Jesus."

We will reveal our finished work at a later time (the pottery that is)!

No comments:

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!