...it can only come this far?"
When he saw the beach for the first time, his little mouth formed a perfect 'O' as he exclaimed, "Ohhhh....!"
Psalm 104:5-9
"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. But at your rebuke the waters fled, at the sound of your thunder they took to flight; they flowed over the mountains, they went down into the valleys, to the place you assigned for them. You set a boundary they cannot cross; never again will they cover the earth."
The ocean is beautiful to behold...majestic, mysterious, dark and muddy. (For those still interested, hang with me here.) A few weeks ago at a conference I attended with some fabulous sisters in Christ, Don Carson spoke on Revelation 21 and mentioned that in verse one it says, "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea." I have just learned that throughout scripture the "sea" is symbolic of chaos; a stirring up of mud and mire; sin. So before I get upset that there is no "sea" in heaven, I have to know he is referring here to chaos~muddy waters. Before the throne there is a "sea of glass, clear as crystal". (Revelation 4:6)
As I read Psalm 104, my eyes were opened to the truth that at our Creator's rebuke, worldly chaos, sickness, hurt, and pain has to flee...there are boundaries that the enemy can not cross...and that is a promise!
2 comments:
good word today lela!!!
Sweet friend, thank you for reminding me of this.
Post a Comment