April 30, 2010

More Honduras:)

Okay...I know you thought I was done posting pictures from our trip!

Well...~I have just a few more.

Remember the story about the truck getting "stuck in the mud" on the mountain?! I had to share some photos that would help explain that better. Gustavo, our tour guide/extra team member/photographer, has a flickr site where he records his photos from his trips. They are usually trips where he is guiding vacationers around to the Mayan Ruins or Bay Islands.

This was his first mission trip! :)

He was great to have around and seemed to know alot about everything! I guess that's what makes him a great tour guide. Unfortunately, he wasn't there the night the truck got caught in the ruts of the road, but he was able to capture pictures the next day when they went to pull it out.
Here is Ms. Lavearn's truck...


I'm sure they wished they had been traveling with this two-steer drive instead!

Here is a better view of the driving terrain.

I love this picture! Beautiful Barbara~



All so that they could complete a chimeney and comal!

Very worth the frustration, effort, sweat, and tears!



The men worked as a team.

(Too bad Gustavo wasn't in this one; he was definitely part of our team.)



Enough for now...but who knows?! I may find some more to share later.

I'll close with a picture of Antonia...one of our favorite little Lenca ladies!



No comments:

Two Years!

Two Years!
Come Back Soon!