Whoa! What a week already - I left to go back to work AND Hannan had to get his first immunizations! I just knew it would be so rough on the little guy, but NO- really, it was mama who struggled. I thought back to when my parents used to tell me "this is going to hurt me more than it does you". I never believed them, but now I can definitely understand.
After nine weeks, you'd think I would want to get back into the old routine and interact with other adults, but I went reluctantly and feeling oh so sorry for myself! To all my friends who have had to leave their children to go back to work (and even those who work so hard at home), I have a deep respect for you now and admire the way you all did it with such strength-you are such Proverbs 31 women! I had contempt for that woman that day. Miriam, you were so right about that.
Hannan was left in excellent hands. Between his bottles and the one on one attention he got, I'm sure he didn't even realize that I wasn't here!
At his well baby exam, he had almost doubled his birth weight-now at 11.1 lbs and 22 1/2 in long! He only cried briefly with his shots-he was such a big boy! If only his mom could be half as strong as he is-thank you, Lord, for your day to day strength-it is MORE than enough for me!
3 comments:
That picture of Jay and Hannan is so cute! I love it, and might have to get a copy.
Laurie
Absolutely Aunt La! We'll get you one! Love you!
Lela!! I love the shout out, and I'm glad I'm not alone in my blasphemous, secret thoughts about the Prov. 31 woman... :)
Post a Comment