Jay and I are two people who LOVE our sleep! When Hannan arrived 10 weeks ago, we quickly learned that you CAN live off of less than 8 hours at night. Nighttime sleep became one to two hour naps instead. And I have NEVER been a morning person, but now I love the mornings because I realize how much I can get done before everyone is truly "up for the day". (Don't get me wrong-I will gladly sleep in one of these days if someone comes for the night and wants to get up early!)
Hannan, however, has recently made his mama and daddy so proud! He has stretched those one, two, and three hour naps into a FULL night's sleep. He will now sleep from around 10 PM to around 7 AM--(even though this morning it was a little earlier- 5 AM!).
No matter what time of day OR night it is, we truly love getting up with the little man. Some of the best advice before he came was that "this too will pass". I try to remember that even though I will lose sleep for a short while-I should endure and treasure every moment - because the cuddles, coos, and first smiles will also pass, and I must hold onto each moment and treasure it while I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment