He is bringing us so much joy-everyday God uses him to speak joy into our lives. This mama's heart has been filled to overflowing with gratitude the past few days. I couldn't help but think back to one year ago yesterday when an ultrasound report threw us into a scary place. It has been something that I couldn't even really talk about to very many.
I was given a diagnosis for my developing baby that I would not accept. I felt helpless at the time but never hopeless. I knew God was faithful and would never leave me no matter what the outcome. Jay and I trusted God's word-His promises and prayed like never before. Some think the ultrasound was done too early, others that the first diagnosis was incorrect, but no matter what the actual case was, God showed Himself faithful to us. After two weeks of not knowing if we would have a healthy child or if the child would live at all, a specialist reviewed and re-reviewed my ultrasounds. Looking very puzzled, he told us he saw a healthy baby growing and developing the way he should be at that time. We didn't know whether to shout out loud our Hallelujahs while dancing a jig, hug his neck, or hug each other. I can say we did a little of it all but just not all at once!
I apologize to those family members and friends that I have not been able to share this story with. It was probably one of the most trying times I have been through, but now one of the most rewarding. There were those who knew about it during that time and we appreciated all the prayers and words of encouragement.
James 1:2-3 "Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds, because the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
I have found that there is not joy in the trial itself, but after you have walked through it--only then can you see the joy God can bring from the pain.
Psalm 126:5 "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."
My heart hurts for those who are now walking through trials of their own. I only pray you know He is walking with you and there is Joy on the other side.
6 comments:
I love you sis. and jay, and Hannan
Yay! Can't wait to see yall!
Laurie
Lela and Jay,
All I could do when I read this was cry. I am so happy that God blessed us all with a healthy little Hannan. I have seen much illness in my family, and I praise God for His faithfulness and goodness in this and in all things. Thank you for sharing with us again what God is doing in your lives. I love you!
Mom (G'ma Sha to Hannan)
I greatly enjoy reading your blog. I always get excited to see what new pictures you will post, as Hannan is a very handsome fellow, and to get a little peak into your world with him.
Barbara Grogan
Thank you Barbara! So good to hear from you! We never know who may look at it, but we are glad you are seeing his pictures! Call when you come home! Love ya!
Good is so good. Love you guys
Post a Comment